Daily Archives: August 1, 2012
Fresh, light, flavorful and healthy Chicken Francaise.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch paprika
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 6 slices lemon, for garnish
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the egg and juice of 1/2 lemon.
- In another shallow dish or bowl mix together the flour, garlic powder and paprika.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture, then flour mixture.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until golden on each side.
- In a medium bowl, mix together broth and juice of 1 lemon, and pour mixture over chicken in skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Place on serving platter, and garnish with fresh lemon slices and parsley sprigs.