- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup blue cheese (or blue cheese crumbles)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano)
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Allow cream cheese to sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before using.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese using a hand mixer until soft. Add sour cream, blue cheese, and remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Cover and refrigerate one hour before serving.
This recipe was created on one of those "nothing sounds good for dinner" nights. Other than the fact that this is a really tasty meal, the thing I love about his Fried Rice recipe is that all the ingredients with the exception of the mushrooms and the cilantro, are always available in my refrigerator/pantry.
My kids really liked this recipe and I often make it to have in the house as a snack for them. Teen-aged boys can eat. This is a VERY inexpensive meal or snack and it is a healthy one too!
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 green onions, diced (top and bottom)
- 4 mushrooms, diced (I used Baby Bella mushrooms)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 Tbs. sesame oil
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 4 Tbs. oyster sauce
- cilantro to taste (optional)
- Cayenne pepper to taste – may use any hot pepper (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups salted water (for rice)
- 1 1/4 cup Jasmine rice – or other white rice (I use Trader Joe's Jasmine Rice)
- Cook rice according to package directions
- Heat a large skillet and then add sesame oil, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, green onions, and mushrooms.
- Saute until vegetables are tender.
- Move vegetables to side and add beaten egg till cooked mixing with vegetables and making sure that nothing is sticking to pan. (add a bit of sesame oil if pan is too dry)
- When rice is cooked (usually 20 minutes for white rice), fluff in pot and then transfer to the skillet. Mix with vegetables and egg.
- Add soy sauce and oyster sauce and mix well into rice.
- If you would like your fried rice a bit spicy, add hot pepper to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro (optional)
Blue Cheese Dressing Blue cheese dressing is an indulgent treat whether you are serving it on your salad or dipping wings or vegetables in it. This blue cheese dressing recipe is quick and easy to make and is sure to satisfy.
There are are two things that make this blue cheese recipe better than other blue cheese recipes. 1) Buttermilk – it imparts a flavor that is unlike any other, and 2) use of a very good quality blue cheese. My favorite blue cheese is Maytag Blue Cheese. It is immensely flavorful with a sharp, distinct flavor and a great texture.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream or nonfat sour cream
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup blue cheese – I use Maytag Blue
In a food processor or heavy-duty blender, combine buttermilk, sour cream, garlic, sugar, paprika, and salt. Blend until smooth. Add blue cheese, and pulse quickly once or twice. Do not blend. You want small chunks of blue cheese.
Refrigerate 4 hours or more before serving to let flavors blend.
Yield: About 1-1/3 cups