No recipe is really necessary for this sandwich. It's the idea, not the recipe that is so wonderful. I experienced my first Grilled Peanut Butter & Banana sandwich less than one month ago. You might say, how did you get so far in life without experiencing one…and to that, I have no answer. I will tell you this, however, it was an experience that was memorable.
I was cruising the Caribbean and lunching at the buffet when I saw the Grilled Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich option. First, I knew I had to try it. Second, I couldn't believe that I had never, ever, thought of the idea. I mean, I love to eat a toasted English muffin with melted peanut butter with a side of sliced bananas. So why I never thought of it, I'll never know.
Anyway, this is the simplest and most delicious breakfast, lunch, or snack treat you will ever make yourself. I love Jiff peanut butter – the creamy type, but you can use your favorite peanut butter – smooth, chunky, or natural.
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (my favorite is Oatnut)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of your favorite peanut butter
- 1 banana sliced in thirds the long way
- Heat fry pan or George Foreman grill
- Spread peanut butter onto each side of the bread
- Place bananas onto peanut butter
- Close sandwich and grill on pan or in George Foreman until bread is evenly toasted and peanut butter is melted
- Cut sandwich in half and serve immediately