A dear friend brought this delicious Waldorf Salad to our home for Easter dinner. It is positively delicious! I can see this served over a bed of lettuce, mixed in yogurt, or eaten from a bowl. It offers a wonderful combination of flavors and textures. Definitely a "keeper recipe!"
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of Cool Whip
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 small (Gala or Fuji) apples, cubed
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or candied walnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery (about 1 stalk)
- 8 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves (if desired)
- Combine mayonnaise or Greek yogurt, Cool Whip, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add apples, grapes, and cranberries; mix well.
- Add the walnuts and celery, and mix well.
- Serve it on a bed of 2 lettuce leaves, if desired.
- The salad can be refrigerated up to 2 hours before serving.
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp – peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 pound (8 ounce) package uncooked corkscrew pasta
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Marinate shrimp overnight in 2 tablespoons of lime juice in a large bowl covered with plastic wrap. Drain shrimp.
- Heat skillet and cook shrimp until they are bright pink on the outside. Do not overcook. Allow shrimp to cool.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 12 minutes. Drain, then rinse with cold water until cool.
- Mix shrimp, pasta, avocados, grape tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, salt, and black pepper in a bowl until dressing is well mixed.
- Pour dressing over shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Chill before serving.
- 3medium peeled carrots – cut into long ribbons with peeler
- 1 large zucchini, peeled and cut into long ribbons with peeler
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Whisk together 1tbsp lime juice, 1tsp oil, 1/8 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper in a large bowl.
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut 3 medium peeled carrots into long ribbons. Stop peeling when you reach core; discard the cores.
- Shave 1 large zucchini into ribbons; stop peeling when you reach the seeds; discard.
- Cut all the ribbons in half.
- Add ribbons and 1/4 cup chopped cilantro to the bowl with the dressing; toss until evenly coated.