This gazpacho recipe offers a twist by adding shrimp. Some refer to it as Agua Chile, however, the shrimp in this recipe are cooked, not raw. The spice level can be altered to taste. Add a tablespoon of sour cream to cool it down if you've chosen to make it real spicy
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- fresh cilantro to taste – save some as a garnish
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper.
- 1 lime – 1/2 lime as ingredient in soup, 1/2 lime garnish
- 3 tblsp of ketchup
- 2 cups of Clamato Juice
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber seeded and chopped
- 1/2 Vidalia Onion finely chopped
- 8 oz bottle of clam juice
- 1/2 lb. medium cooked shrimp
- Sour Cream (Optional)
- Mix black pepper, garlic and fresh cilantro, and cayenne pepper together.
- Add 1/2 squeezed lime, ketchup, Clamado Juice, chopped tomatos and cukes and onions, clam juice, a pinch of salt and cooked shrimp.
- Chill for at least an hour
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro if desired
There is nothing like a big, hot, bowl of soup on a cold day. The Olive Garden has some wonderful soups and I believe this Pasta Fagioli is one of them. This is Pasta Fagioli is hearty enough to be served as the meal. I like to serve it with a nice crusty Italian bread and sprinkle it with some fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
- 3 tsp oil
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp ginger (minced)
- 12 oz (1 1/2 cups) onion (chopped)
- 14 oz (1 3/4 cups)carrots (thinly sliced)
- 14 oz (1 3/4 cups) celery (diced)
- 48 oz canned tomatoes (diced)
- 2 cup cooked red kidney beans (drain)
- 2 cup cooked white kidney beans (drain)
- 80 oz (10 cups) beef stock
- 3 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp pepper
- 5 tsp parsley (chopped)
- 1½ tsp Tabasco sauce
- 48 oz spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz pasta shell macaroni
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan and cook beef with ginger and garlic until all water of beef would get dry.
- Add beans, beef stock, oregano, pepper, Tabasco and spaghetti sauce to beef and let it boil.
- After that add onions, carrots, celery and tomatoes and simmer for 10 min so that all flavors blend well.
- Add chopped parsley and macaroni and simmer again until pasta, celery and carrots are tender it would take 30 min. Delicious pasta e fagioli is ready to serve hot.
To make fantastic copycat recipes similar to Olive Garden's Pasta Fagioli, Click Here! to grab a copy of Divine Recipes. Here you will find recipes from Applebees, Chilis, T.G.I. Fridays, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and more!
This Potato Cheddar Soup is a great soup for a cold day. It takes just a short time to prepare and it is a hearty warm treat. Chicken broth can be replaced if you'd like to make this a vegetarian option.
- 2 tbsp. butter or oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 med. potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 c. chicken stock / can replace chicken stock with vegetable stock if preferred
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. grated Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions and garlic. Cook until tender but do not brown. Add potatoes and combine well. Stir in chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cook gently, covered, 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Puree half the soup. Return to saucepan. Stir in milk and heat just until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in cheese, reserve some for garnishing. Cook gently, stirring, until cheese melts. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish each serving with chopped parsley and more cheddar cheese.