It's just about time for NJ strawberries! With that in mind, I can hardly wait to experiment with different recipes. A spinach salad always tastes good to me and makes me feel like I am eating something healthy!
This super simple Strawberry Spinach Salad will whet your appetite for more delicious strawberries. Sometimes I use pecans instead of walnut, but you can use any nut you prefer.
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup cubed avocado
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 4 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Strawberry vinaigrette to taste
- Mix together spinach, strawberries, avocado, and almonds in a medium mixing bowl. Top with almonds, bleu cheese, and vinaigrette.
1 cup baby spinach (packed)
1/4 cup fresh herbs (chopped, I used a combination of parsley, basil, and cilantro)
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons walnuts (toasted)
1/4 cup feta
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 lemon (juice and zest)
salt and pepper to taste
Place everything into a food processor and blend.
Stuffed Mushrooms are a great appetizer. This recipe for stuffed mushrooms with spinach is a bit different and is super tasty. I will be serving these stuffed mushrooms on Christmas day but instead of serving them as an appetizer, I will be serving them as a vegetable. I know that is a bit unusual, but I find that if I plan on serving appetizers before my meal, often I am too full to eat the main course. By serving these stuffed mushrooms as a vegetable, I know that I will get to eat them and the main course.
As you can tell this recipe for stuffed mushrooms is a quick and easy to make. Give these stuffed mushrooms a try as an appetizer or as a vegetable. They won't disappoint you.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. fresh chopped spinach
- 1/2 tsp. instant chicken bouillon
- 18 large mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp. seasoned salt
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Clean mushrooms; separate stems and caps. Chop mushroom stems. Cook spinach with chicken bouillon added to the water. When spinach is cooked, drain well. Sauté chopped mushroom stems in butter.
- Combine spinach and seasonings with chopped mushroom stems. Lightly sauté mushroom caps in butter until slightly browned; drain. Fill caps with spinach mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in a shallow pan and bake in a 375°F oven for 15 minutes.
Makes 18 appetizers.