Grilling season is upon us but that doesn’t mean we have to eat unhealthy foods. Sweet potatoes are associated with the holidays and cold weather, but there is no reason to forget about them when the weather turns. Try this recipe for Grilled Sweet Potatoes and introduce sweet potatoes into your Spring and Summer menus!
- 3 large Sweet Potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick length-wise
- 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Brush Sweet Potato slices with olive oil
- Place Sweet Potatoes on heated grill and sprinkle with kosher salt
- Turn once and cook until fork tender
- 3medium peeled carrots – cut into long ribbons with peeler
- 1 large zucchini, peeled and cut into long ribbons with peeler
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Whisk together 1tbsp lime juice, 1tsp oil, 1/8 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper in a large bowl.
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut 3 medium peeled carrots into long ribbons. Stop peeling when you reach core; discard the cores.
- Shave 1 large zucchini into ribbons; stop peeling when you reach the seeds; discard.
- Cut all the ribbons in half.
- Add ribbons and 1/4 cup chopped cilantro to the bowl with the dressing; toss until evenly coated.
These dry fried green beans are delicious and can be made with or without meat. Inexpensive, quick, and easy to make!
- 12 oz green beans, trimmed
- 4 oz ground pork
- 1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tps salt
- 3/4 tbsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tbsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4-5 dried chili
- Heat a wok over a high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil and the beans in. Lower the heat to medium-low. Cook for 1 minute then sprinkle on salt. stir-fry for few second. Cook the green beans for about 5 minutes or until browned and little bit dried. Transfer the beans to a platter.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of oil and add in garlic, dried chili and ginger. Stir-fry until the aromatics are fragrant. Thrown the pork in. Cook and stir for 1 minutes until the pork is cooked.
- Return the green beans to the wok. Add sugar and soy sauce in. Stir-fry for 3 seconds to combine. Transfer to a serving dish.